Founded in the province of Reggio Emilia, Italy in 1967, PreGel has become an international powerhouse in the food service sector of manufacturing and distributing specialty dessert ingredients and semi-finished goods for artisanal gelato, sorbetto (dairy-free gelato), premium ice cream, soft serve, pastry and frozen yogurt. PreGel’s business model is to create products that combine both quality and innovation, while continuing to develop the artisanal gelato market around the world.
The Sales Supervisor Western Region is responsible for managing all of his/her sales related activities, from lead generation to active client maintenance as well as maintaining distributor relations, within the assigned territory. Lead, motivate and retain a team of high performing employees (Western Office). Other duties include but are not limited to: developing and implementing a Business Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area; working within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, manage and develop a multi-level sales force capable of developing, growing and retaining accounts in the territory to ensure the achievement of sales and retention goals
- Plan, organize, direct and provide leadership to achieve the short and long term business growth and retention objectives
- Lead, motivate and retain a team of high performing employees
- Communicate key performance indicator’s and performance goal’s to employees
- Provide coaching to behaviors that help achieve success
- Model leadership behaviors that promote a culture of open communication, employee development and trust
- Accountability for driving sales
- Provide Training and Demonstrations to staff and customers
- Promote and develop PreGel CANADA’s product line by taking previous knowledge of ingredients and production techniques, combined with acquired knowledge of PreGel CANADA’s products, and introduce to others in the form of demos, classes, etc.
- On occasion; ability to work flexible hours including weekends and overtime when necessary
- Submit & discuss weekly & monthly Sales activity & reports to General Manager
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and extensive product knowledge while managing accounts in assigned territory
- Develop and implement monthly business plan in conjunction with General Manager, detailing leads and customer retention during the time period, while focusing on ways to meet or exceed sales quota goals
- Participation in trade shows and conventions
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads, attending trade shows and conferences, etc.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and identify prospects, business problems, the effects of the problems, and solutions to their problems, etc.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking
- Provide support to colleagues and to existing customer base
- Monitor market conditions, product success, competitor’s products, sales and prices to be able to best suggest improvements to prospects and clients for each of their business needs
- Gather and submit detailed business information such as price quotes, estimates, credit/contract terms, delivery dates, etc.
- Work with various departments to provide customers with product samples, catalogs, etc.
- Maintain accurate records and reports of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential
- Continuously communicate with clients in the market to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and answer questions pertaining to products and their uses, prices, availability
- Recommend products to customers based on their needs and interests
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and maintain professional internal and external relationships with all co-workers, business owners, vendors, clients and potential clients
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale, including continued support to resolve issues after the close
Requirements/Education and other requirements
- Completion of secondary school is required
- 1-2 years’ sales experience in the food/beverage industry, preferable frozen desserts or pastry
- Creating Gelato, Soft Service and / or Frozen Yogurt experience
- Knowledge or experience using equipment for freezing, serving and frozen dessert creations
- Organized, self-disciplined, motivated and able to work independently
- Interpersonal communication skills
- A strong commitment to a team culture, positive attitude
- Valid Driver’s License & reliable vehicle
- Extensive travel is required
- Previous experience & skilled in MS Office programs & Outlook
- Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work
- Trustworthy, reliable, value others
- Decisive and empowered
- Communicate effectively both written and orally
- Passionate about food, foster innovation
- Problem solve creatively
Work Hours: 40 hrs per week
Wage: $19~22 per hour (depends on experience)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Extended health benefit group insurance after a 3-month probationary period
Work Location: West Coast Branch – 19272 96th Ave, Unit 4 Surrey, BC, V4N 4C1 Canada