The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for aggressively growing our name and products within the frozen dessert & pastry businesses in Canada. Acquiring new customer accounts & managing existing relations to increase revenue within assigned territories.
Other duties include but are not limited to: developing and implementing a Business Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area; working within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values. There are no supervisory duties related to this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify prospective customers, pursue leads, utilizing personal contacts, & cold calling to acquire new business development opportunities & follow-up throughout the sales and service cycles
- Increase revenue with existing accounts in assigned region by building strong relationships and partnerships to develop loyalty and leverage sales effectiveness
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and identify prospects, business problems, the effects of the problems, and solutions to their problems, etc.
- Gather and submit detailed business information such as price quotes, estimates, payment terms, delivery dates, etc.
- Work in partnership with Store Managers, Chefs and other employees to maximize store sales by demonstrating technical selling skills, extensive product knowledge and answer questions pertaining to products and their uses, prices, and availability
- Stay informed and current on all PreGel products, product success, industry trends and advances
- Attend & represent PreGel Canada at annual tradeshows, vendor training, open house events, ITC training seminars and sales meetings as required
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, merchandising techniques, training etc.
- Work in a collaborative setting to achieve region and territory sales targets by planning and execution of scheduled customer visits, appointments and execute product demonstrations
- Maintain & keep management informed with accurate records and submitting activity and results reports; such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities
- Develop and implement monthly business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, detailing leads and customer retention during the time period, while focusing on ways to meet or exceed sales quota goals
- Keep track of company material, samples and equipment
- Communicating and working closely with inside sales on customer changes, developments, request for customer samples, orders or catalogues
- Effectively maintain all administrative functions, i.e. New Customer Forms, POF’s, Opportunities, sample forms, etc…
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and maintain professional internal and external relationships with all co-workers, business owners, vendors, clients and potential clients
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale, including continued support to resolve issues after the close
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, core values and business ethics codes at all times
- Support PreGel Canada in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor
Education, Work Experience and other requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the food industry, preferable frozen desserts and/or pastry
- Must have proven success in the sales field with emphasis on pastry or gelato experience
- Creating Gelato, Soft Service and / or Frozen Yogurt experience
- Knowledge or experience using equipment for freezing, serving and frozen dessert creations
- Organized, self-disciplined, motivated and able to work independently
- Interpersonal communication skills
- A strong commitment to a team culture, positive attitude
- Valid Driver’s License & reliable vehicle
- Extensive travel is required
- Previous experience & skilled in MS Office programs & Outlook
- Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work
- Trustworthy, reliable, value others
- Decisive and empowered
- Communicate effectively both written and orally
- Passionate about food, foster innovation
- Problem solve creatively
- Demonstrate high integrity
- Italian or French speaking preferred
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SEND COVER LETTERS AND RESUMES TO firstname.lastname@example.org