Position Title: Marketing Specialist; Eastern Canada
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Founded in the province of Reggio Emilia, Italy in 1967, PreGel has become an international powerhouse in the food service sector of manufacturing and distributing specialty dessert ingredients and semi-finished goods for artisanal gelato, sorbetto (dairy-free gelato), premium ice cream, soft serve, pastry and frozen yogurt. PreGel’s business model is to create products that combine both quality and innovation, while continuing to develop the artisanal gelato market around the world.
A versatile marketer who is excellence driven and passionate about high-quality outcome. Supporting the PreGel marketing team, you’ll be an important cog in the marketing wheel. The Marketing Specialist is an effective critical thinker and problem solver, who works collaboratively and thrives in a team environment. Understanding the value of targeted marketing programs and communication, this team member is responsible for the execution and support of marketing strategies that drive pipeline growth and lead conversion. This job is full of variety and will require the ability to effectively manage a multitude of marketing projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as subject matter expert for the email marketing channel including audience targeting, measurement, execution requirements, and creative concepting.
- Able to effectively manage projects from start to finish including identifying risks, tracking deliverables, and communicating with stakeholders
- Working with marketing leadership, cross-functional teams and internal team members to keep large scale marketing projects on track
- Generate, edit, publish and share social content that builds meaningful connections.
- Use of Content Management System to schedule and distribute content.
- Understand, monitor, and report social media analytics.
- Optimize company page within multiple platforms to increase the visibility of social content.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage brand reputation.
- Keep up on the latest social media best practices, technologies, and trends.
- Support company efforts to improve brand consistency and awareness while ensuring creative marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines
- Track campaign and content performance with regular reporting and make recommendations on strategy based on trends, tools and applications
- French Speaking
- Content Management
- Marketing Automation
- Strong organizational skills
- Workflow optimization
- Strong planning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities ie: Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Problem Solver – Ability to think objectively
- High-energy, creative, resourceful, and results-driven self-starter
Education, Work Experience and other requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years combined years of experience in digital marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field or equivalent years of work experience with B2B, B2C, or D2C social media marketing or content development.
- Experience using social media management tools.
- Experience in community management with a strong understanding of how to build content, follower growth, and engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to conceive innovative ideas and deliver creative content.
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.